Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dad goes with Mom and Troy to the burn clinic

Being a Saturday, I was able to accompany Julie and Troy on their morning pilgrimage to the Shriner's Burn Clinic to have his dressing change. I took the opportunity to take a gruesome iphone snapshot of Troy's palm while they were changing the dressing. Troy will appreciate that I took this picture a few years from now. Julie may not understand this but - trust me Jules - it's a guy thing.

Gruesome Photo Alert!

It's actually not that gruesome, the redness means it's clean and healing well. We met another little boy the same age as Troy who also burned his hand. Unfortunately he burned the back of his hand where the skin is less rugged and burned it on a hot iron so his burn is much more severe. I was not able to take photos of that one, but we were able to "bum" a diaper off of his parents after we realized we left Troy's diaper bag in the car.

No comments: